Public Relations/Advertising Coordinator
Looking to build your involvement in the community and gain experience in advertising and media? Why not get involved in helping to plan one of the area’s largest summer events!
The Shippensburg Community Fair is seeking a reliable, dynamic individual to serve as Public Relations/Advertising Coordinator. This individual is responsible for the planning, oversight, design and coordination of all advertising and sponsorship efforts of the Fair. Some specific duties include:
- Working with community businesses to secure and manage sponsorship of fair events. This includes setting up personal meetings, preparing mailings, and constantly communicating with local business leaders to come up with creative ideas on their involvement in our events.
- Communicating with advertising agencies, including local newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, as well as digital/online advertising firms to promote the annual Fair and its events to the public.
- Working closely with members of the Fair Board to creatively promote special events and entertainment via the Fair’s web site, printed press releases, and social media.
- Contributing to and coordinating the design of the Fair’s brand, annual theme, printed ads, web site/digital graphics, as well as the printed Fair Program that is distributed to thousands of visitors each year.
- Coordinating the Fair’s advertising budget and selecting appropriate allocation of funds toward advertising efforts.
- Assisting with the preparation of the Fairgrounds each year by helping to place banners and signage around the grounds, as well as oversee activities and assist with the promotion of sponsors and events during Fair Week.
- Working directly with dedicated Fair volunteers to develop innovative programs and campaigns that increase awareness of the Fair and its goals of promoting agriculture and increasing community awareness.
This is a year-round volunteer position, although events and activities require much more time and involvement in the spring and summer months leading up to the Fair in July.
Interested candidates may contact Jamie Rhine, Asst. Secretary/Treasurer and Public Relations/Advertising Chairperson at email@example.com or (717) 494-4201, or by filling out the form to the right.
Past experience in promotion or advertising is excellent, but certainly not required. Candidates looking for professional internship credit will be considered for this position.
If you're interested in filling this volunteer position, tell us a little about yourself and we'll get in touch!